Home Health King Charles to Resume Public Duty After Cancer Diagnosis
HealthNewsWorld

King Charles to Resume Public Duty After Cancer Diagnosis

398
King Charles Cancer
Britain's King Charles III and Britain's Queen Camilla waves as they leave after attending a service at St Mary Magdalene Church on the Sandringham Estate in eastern England on February 11, 2024. - Britain's King Charles III on Saturday expressed his "heartfelt thanks" to well-wishers, in his first statement since his shock announcement that he has cancer. (Photo by JUSTIN TALLIS / AFP)

Three months after his cancer diagnosis, Britain’s King Charles III is to return to public royal engagements, according to Buckingham Palace in a statement on Friday.

The palace did not disclose any specifics about the sort of cancer he has or what prognosis he has received, only stating that “it is too early to say” how long his treatment would continue.

The Palace also said that the king’s medical team is encouraged by the progress made so far and remains positive about the king’s continued recovery.

“His Majesty’s treatment programme will continue, but doctors are sufficiently pleased with the progress made so far that The King is now able to resume a number of public-facing duties.”

“Forthcoming engagements will be adapted where necessary to minimise any risks to his majesty’s continued recovery,” the palace said.

It also said King Charles and his wife, Queen Camilla, will mark his return with a visit to a cancer centre on Tuesday, where they will meet with patients and staff, adding that the visit will be the first in several external engagements the king will undertake in the weeks ahead.

The statement read:

“His Majesty the King will shortly return to public-facing duties after a period of treatment and recuperation following his recent cancer diagnosis.

“To help mark this milestone, the King and Queen will make a joint visit to a cancer treatment centre next Tuesday, where they will meet medical specialists and patients.

“This visit will be the first in a number of external engagements his majesty will undertake in the weeks ahead. In addition, the king and queen will host their majesties, the emperor and empress of Japan, for a state visit in June, at the request of [his majesty’s] government.

“As the first anniversary of the coronation approaches, their majesties remain deeply grateful for the many kindnesses and good wishes they have received from around the world throughout the joys and challenges of the past year.”

Read: Mitsuko Tottori: From Flight Attendant to First Female CEO of Japan Airlines 

 

About The Author

Related Articles

Togo Shea Nut Exports
BusinessNews

Togo, 7th Largest Producer of Shea Nuts, Suspends Exports to Strengthen Local Processing Industry

Togo has suspended the export of shea nuts and shea kernels to...

NYSC Reforms
NewsPolitics

NYSC DG Calls For Reforms, Not Scrapping Of The Scheme 

The Director General of the National Youth Service Corps, Brigadier General Olakunle...

Senate Will Approve Use of Taxpayers' Money for Presidential Jet on Tinubu's Request — Akpabio
News

Federal High Court Stops Akpabio, Natasha from Granting Media Interviews

The Federal High Court in Abuja has restrained Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, Senate...

China imposed tariff on U.S. goods
FinanceNews

China Imposes 34% Tariff on U.S. Goods in Retaliation to Trump’s Trade Policy

China has imposed a 34 per cent retaliatory tariff on U.S. goods....