Home News Gunmen kill three soldiers, two vigilante men in Katapka ambush
NewsSecurity

Gunmen kill three soldiers, two vigilante men in Katapka ambush

1k

Three soldiers and two members of a vigilante group have allegedly been killed by a militia group in the Katapka community in the Toto Local Government Area of Nasarawa State.

The men were reportedly ambushed by the group on Tuesday, while on patrol in the community following the February 1, 2024 destruction.

Unidentified gunmen on February 1 murdered three people and destroyed properties worth millions of naira in Katapka and Okudu communities in the area, which led the Nigerian Army to deploy its personnel to the location to maintain law and order.

Confirming the incident in Lafia, the Chairman of Toto LGA, Abdullahi Aliyu-Tashas, described the killing of the soldiers as unfortunate.

He said, “The suspected bandits laid ambush on the military personnel who were on patrol to maintain law and order in the area and killed three of them.

“Katakpa community had been recently attacked, and as a result of that, the soldiers were drafted to Katakpa to maintain law and order, but they were unfortunately killed in an ambush on Tuesday afternoon.”

Aliyu-Tashas said the state government was making efforts towards handling the situation and more security operatives had been deployed to the area in order to forestall further breakdown of law and order.

The military is yet to confirm the incident at the time of filing this report.

Read more: NCS Intercepts Arms, Illicit Drug-Filled Containers Worth N13.9bn Without Naming Owner

About The Author

Related Articles

FinanceNewsWorld

Ghana Mineworkers Demand Release of $34.5 Million in Savings Frozen Since 2017 Bank Clean-Up

Ghana’s mineworkers have petitioned the central bank to release more than 380...

News

Kangimi Dam Cracks Worsen Under Tinubu After Years of Warnings and Neglect by Past Governments

The Niger State Emergency Management Agency has raised an urgent alarm over...

NewsSports

Gusau Begs FIFA to Save NFF as Government Moves to Sack Board Over String of Failures

NFF President Ibrahim Musa Gusau has written to FIFA, appealing to the...

NewsWorld

US Judge Rejects Tinubu’s Bid to Delay Release of DOJ Drug Files, Sets August 21 Deadline

A United States federal judge has rejected President Bola Tinubu’s request for...