Home News DHQ Investigating Allegations of Bandit Sponsorship in North-West, Promises ‘Announcement Soon’
NewsSecurity

DHQ Investigating Allegations of Bandit Sponsorship in North-West, Promises ‘Announcement Soon’

340

The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) says it is investigating allegations of bandit sponsorship in the northwest of Nigeria.

Recall that Bello Matawalle, minister of state for defence, and Dauda Lawal, governor of Zamfara, have made allegations of bandit sponsorship each other’s way.

Matawalle challenged Lawal to swear by the Holy Qur’an that he was not involved in sponsoring bandits.

In rebuttal, Lawal pledged to reveal evidence against the minister and also claimed he had reported the issue to Nuhu Ribadu, national security adviser (NSA).

And when you talk about what’s going on about the sponsors, I can assure you that the relevant agencies that are saddled with that responsibility are doing a good job. And sooner than later, you will hear some announcements in that regard, Edward Buba, director of defence media operations, said.

Winning a war is destroying the enemy’s will to fight. When you destroy the enemy’s will to fight, the war is over, you have won the war. And that’s why we are focused on destroying the enemy’s will to fight.

Buba also noted that from July to September, 1,937 terrorists had been killed, including 65 key leaders.

Troops’ offensive actions culminated in the neutralisation of over 65 notable terrorist leaders, commanders, and combatants across all theatres of operations. Significant terrorist leaders were eliminated from the battlefield,” he said.

“The bandit leaders include Munzir Arika, Sani Dilla (Dan Hausawan Jubillaram), Ameer Modu, Matawal Bitrus, Thomas Benedict, Mohammed Sani, Rimamy (aka Omo), Terkimbi Injoko, Jacob Uzege, Ibn Kasir, Kachalla Ɗan Baleri, Kachallah Halilu Jimmare (Buzu), Kachalla Dan Ali Garin Fadama, Kachalla Dan Mani Na Inna, Kachalla Basiru Zakarriya, and Ofem Igwe.”

Buba added that 2,782 suspected terrorists and other criminals were arrested, and 1,854 kidnapped hostages were rescued in the third quarter of 2024.

He said troops recovered 1,304 weapons and 43,347 rounds of ammunition.

He also noted that within the same period, crude oil worth N13 billion was recovered by the troops.

“Accordingly, the nation’s daily crude oil production output is at an all-time high, with the nation’s daily target in sight.”

The announcement of an ongoing investigation is coming after over a week since the governor of Zamfara State, Dauda Lawal, alleged that his predecessor and current Minister of State for Defence, Bello Matawalle, was sponsoring bandits.

Read More:

About The Author

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Burkinabè Army
NewsSecurity

Burkinabè Army Kills Terrorist Leader Khalidou in Targeted Strike

The Burkinabè army has eliminated terrorist leader Khalidou in a precision airstrike,...

Natasha Petition Recall
News

Recall Petition Against Senator Natasha Fails to Meet Constitutional Requirement – INEC

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has announced that the petition seeking...

United States tariff on Nigerian exports
FinanceNewsWorld

Trump Imposes Tariffs on Nigeria, Other African Nations

The United States has imposed a 14 per cent tariff on Nigerian...

Niger's Transitional Government released 49 individuals
News

Niger Transitional Govt. Frees 49 Political and Military Figures, Ex-President Bazoum Remains in Detention

Niger’s Transitional Government announced on Tuesday that it had released 49 individuals,...