Home News Organisers Of #EndBadGovernance Protest Announce Plans For “Fearless in October ” Protests
News

Organisers Of #EndBadGovernance Protest Announce Plans For “Fearless in October ” Protests

302
#EndBadGovernance

Organisers of the just-concluded #EndBadGovernance protest held across Nigeria from 1st to 10th August 2024 are getting set for another round of demonstrations in October.

The “Fearless in October Protest,” as tagged, is said to retain the same demands as the earlier protests, although additional issues may be added.

The Director of Mobilisation for the Take It Back Movement, Damilare Adenola, said in an interview with PUNCH on Monday that plans for the new protests had been concluded.

Recall the protesters had submitted a list of demands, asking the government to, among others, scrap the Senate arm of the National Assembly and make law-making a part-time job for the House of Representatives, pay Nigerian workers a minimum of N250,000, reverse fuel prices and the cost of electricity tariffs to pre-January 2023, and to release and compensate all EndSARS and political detainees.

The August #EndBadGovernance protest witnessed killings and harassment of protesters and journalists by both state actors and hoodlums.

With the mass turnouts in various parts of the country, including the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. The campaign was eventually held amidst several moves by the government to force the protests off the streets.

When asked whether they would abide by any court orders from state governments that protesters should confine their protests to specific locations, Adenola said they would not comply with such orders. “We will not accept the compliance,” he stated.

The federal government, through the Nigerian Immigration Services (NIS), also placed sponsors of the ongoing nationwide #EndBadGovernance protests on its watchlist.

Read More:

About The Author

Related Articles

NYSC Reforms
NewsPolitics

NYSC DG Calls For Reforms, Not Scrapping Of The Scheme 

The Director General of the National Youth Service Corps, Brigadier General Olakunle...

Senate Will Approve Use of Taxpayers' Money for Presidential Jet on Tinubu's Request — Akpabio
News

Federal High Court Stops Akpabio, Natasha from Granting Media Interviews

The Federal High Court in Abuja has restrained Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, Senate...

China imposed tariff on U.S. goods
FinanceNews

China Imposes 34% Tariff on U.S. Goods in Retaliation to Trump’s Trade Policy

China has imposed a 34 per cent retaliatory tariff on U.S. goods....

President Bola Tinubu is set to leave Abuja on Monday for a brief working visit to France, according to a statement issued by Ajuri Ngelale, the presidential spokesperson.
NewsPolitics

President Tinubu and VP Shettima Leave Official Duties, Depart for France and Senegal

President Bola Tinubu and Vice President Kashim Shettima have departed Nigeria on...