Home News I Never Said I Will Be Anyone’s Vice President For 2027 Elections – Obi
NewsPolitics

I Never Said I Will Be Anyone’s Vice President For 2027 Elections – Obi

330
Peter Obi

Peter Obi, the Labour Party’s presidential candidate in the 2023 general elections, has dismissed reports suggesting he agreed to serve as a vice-presidential candidate in the 2027 elections.

Obi made the clarification in a post on his official X account on Saturday, expressing concern over what he described as the deliberate misinterpretation of his recent television interview.

He stated that his words during the interview with News Central TV had been twisted by “fifth columnists” engaging in propaganda.

He reiterated his focus on Nigeria’s present challenges, emphasising that he was not preoccupied with the 2027 elections.

“I do not want to be one of those preoccupied with 2027 while Nigerians are suffering from hunger, poverty, insecurity, and other pressing challenges,” Obi said in his post.

He clarified that his remarks were centred on his willingness to collaborate with individuals or groups who share in his vision for Nigeria’s progress, provided their intentions were genuine.

Obi also reaffirmed his commitment to the Labour Party, stressing that any potential alliances would only be entertained if they align with his long-term vision for the country.

“If anyone wishes to negotiate or join forces, they must disclose their true intentions,” he wrote. “When 2027 arrives, if I decide to run for any office, it will not be with those whose sole aim is state capture or merely winning an election.”

“For the avoidance of doubts, I never stated at any time that I would be vice president to anyone and it’s unequivocal,” he emphasised.

“My commitment to Nigeria remains steadfast, and I even believe it is possible to contribute to its progress without occupying any office, as I am already doing,” Obi concluded.

 

Read: Five Dead as APC Governorship Candidate’s Convoy Hits Vehicle in Edo

As Nigeria Air Project Fails, Uganda Airlines Launches Direct Flights to Abuja

 

About The Author

Related Articles

NYSC Reforms
NewsPolitics

NYSC DG Calls For Reforms, Not Scrapping Of The Scheme 

The Director General of the National Youth Service Corps, Brigadier General Olakunle...

Senate Will Approve Use of Taxpayers' Money for Presidential Jet on Tinubu's Request — Akpabio
News

Federal High Court Stops Akpabio, Natasha from Granting Media Interviews

The Federal High Court in Abuja has restrained Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, Senate...

China imposed tariff on U.S. goods
FinanceNews

China Imposes 34% Tariff on U.S. Goods in Retaliation to Trump’s Trade Policy

China has imposed a 34 per cent retaliatory tariff on U.S. goods....

President Bola Tinubu is set to leave Abuja on Monday for a brief working visit to France, according to a statement issued by Ajuri Ngelale, the presidential spokesperson.
NewsPolitics

President Tinubu and VP Shettima Leave Official Duties, Depart for France and Senegal

President Bola Tinubu and Vice President Kashim Shettima have departed Nigeria on...