Home News Anambra: Retired Male Teacher Arrested For Sexually Molesting Boys
News

Anambra: Retired Male Teacher Arrested For Sexually Molesting Boys

310
Anambra Teacher Molesting Boys

A retired teacher, Mr Ike Okoye, in Isuofia, Aguata Local Government Area, has been arrested by the Anambra State Government for allegedly molesting and engaging in same-sex activities with young boys in the community.

The Ministry of Women and Social Welfare, in cooperation with Operation Clean and Healthy Anambra, apprehended him following a report made by Chief Chikadibia Okeke, the President-General of the Isuofia People’s Assembly.

Chidinma Ikeanyionwu, the Media Aide to the state Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Welfare, Ify Obinabo, shared this information on Wednesday, stating that Okoye has been handed over to the police for further questioning and would later be charged in court.

According to Ikeanyionwu, Chief Okeke reported Mr Okoye had been molesting young men for a long time but had often been bailed out by influential people in the state.

Over the weekend, Okoye was reportedly caught having sexual relationships with multiple boys and young men. Chief Okeke immediately informed the Commissioner for Women Affairs, who ordered his arrest.

When interrogated, the suspect, a native of Okpoko village Isuofia and a retired teacher, who earlier denied the same-sex allegations on the basis that it was his haters at work, later revealed that he had at some point romanced some of the boys, held their sexual organs but never penetrated them as they alleged,” Ikeanyionwu said.

She added that two of his victims, who wished to remain anonymous, shared their experiences. One, now 25, said Okoye first molested him at 17 under the pretence of financial help or paid house chores. Another, 31, said Okoye was satisfied just by touching his private parts but eventually felt uncomfortable and left. Both victims claimed Okoye continued to pressure and threaten them after they distanced themselves from him.

Ikeanyionwu said the Commissioner and the Managing Director of OCHA Brigade, Celestine Anere, expressed sadness over the situation and assured the public of the government’s commitment to ending child molestation and homosexuality in the state.

The statement added that the suspect, now in police custody, pleaded for forgiveness without providing an apparent reason.

Read more: Senate Will Approve Taxpayers’ Money For Presidential Jet If Tinubu Requests — Akpabio

About The Author

Related Articles

FinanceNews

Ghana’s Inflation Falls to 22.4% in March, Lowest in Four Months

Ghana’s annual inflation rate eased for the third straight month, reaching 22.4...

NewsWorld

Nigerian U.S. Embassy and ICIR Cancel Training on “Foreign Influence” in Nigeria After WAW’s Report, Trump’s Foreign Policy Shift

A controversial U.S.-funded media training programme in Nigeria through the International Centre...

CSS tariff
News

CSS Heads to Moscow for Strategic Consultations with Russia

The foreign ministers of the Confederation of Sahel States (CSS), comprising Burkina...

M23 Rebels
NewsSecurity

DR Congo, M23 Rebels to Hold First Direct Talks in Qatar on 9 April

The Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and M23 rebels will hold their...