Home Politics Kenya: Ruto Retains Six Former Ministers In New Cabinet
PoliticsWorld

Kenya: Ruto Retains Six Former Ministers In New Cabinet

957
Kenya's Ruto Deploys Pro-Govt Account On X Using AI-generated Music To Influence #RutoMustGo Protesters

After sacking all (except one) members of the cabinet last week, Kenyan President William Ruto has appointed 11 members of his cabinet with six of the sacked ministers being recalled.

Ruto made the announcement on Friday, and said that other members of the cabinet will be announced later.

“I will be issuing next week a clear roadmap on the assignment that the new cabinet is going to have, with clear timelines and deliverables,” the president said.

During his address, he promised that the new government would be a broad-based unity government that would respond to the grievances of the young protesters.

Part of the ex-ministers Ruto reappointed were the former ministers of interior, defence, and environment and land. The president is yet to announce the new finance minister.

Former vice-president of Kenya, Kalonso Musyoka, called the change of cabinet “cosmetic”. He insisted that nothing will change as long as Ruto remains the president.

Since last month, Kenyans have been protesting against Ruto’s policies and administration. First, it was the proposed tax hike bill that the Kenyan citizens protested against. But as the protests turned bloody (with more than 50 deaths recorded so far), the citizens started clamouring for Ruto to resign despite him withdrawing the tax bill. Protests are still going on in the country.

Read: Bill to Establish Local Government Electoral Commission Passes First Reading in the Senate

Cape Verde: Praia Court Puts Lawyer In Preventive Detention For Shooting Businessman

Niger, Turkey Agree To Strengthen Cooperation in Energy and Defence

About The Author

Related Articles

FinanceNewsWorld

Ghana Mineworkers Demand Release of $34.5 Million in Savings Frozen Since 2017 Bank Clean-Up

Ghana’s mineworkers have petitioned the central bank to release more than 380...

EditorialFinanceWorld

How Dangote Sells Fuel and Cement Cheaper Abroad While Nigerians Pay More

Aliko Dangote has built a business empire that dominates Nigeria’s fuel and...

NewsWorld

US Judge Rejects Tinubu’s Bid to Delay Release of DOJ Drug Files, Sets August 21 Deadline

A United States federal judge has rejected President Bola Tinubu’s request for...

FinanceNewsPolitics

Tinubu’s IPPIS Was Meant to Kill Ghost Workers, Instead It Paid N941 Million to People Who Don’t Exist

President Bola Tinubu approved a comprehensive audit of the Integrated Personnel and...