Home News Peter Obi Implores President, Vice to fulfill Security Campaign Promises
NewsSecurity

Peter Obi Implores President, Vice to fulfill Security Campaign Promises

521
Former governor of Anambra State and presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi

Presidential candidate Peter Obi has implored the president and vice president of Nigeria to fulfil their campaign promises of security and economy, which they made during the 2023 presidential elections.

“Even if they do not achieve 100% results, we want to see 100% effort,” Obi added.

In a thread of tweets on his X account on Tuesday, January 12, Peter Obi said it is time for Nigerian leaders to “take all forms of serious measures to tackle the situation” of insecurity in the country. The presidential candidate referred to the “recent killings” of two young girls who had been abducted in Abuja.

“It is unfortunate that President Muhammadu Buhari, in 2015, campaigned and won the elections on three items; Security, Economy and Corruption (SEC),” Obi stated. “After his eight years in office, the situation has worsened in all three areas.

“The present administration, on assuming office, promised to deal decisively with the same situation – Security, Economy and Corruption. Today, however, the situation is getting even worse than ever,” Obi said

The former governor of Anambra State recalled that at the Annual General Conference of the Nigerian Bar Association, which took place in Lagos in August 2022, “the then vice presidential candidate, Sen Kashim Shettima categorically stated that if APC is elected, he as vice president would be in charge of security, while the president as an expert in the economy would handle the economy.”

Going further, the former governor remarked that it is time to stop all forms of foreign trips made by government officials until the “ugly situation” bedevilling the country is dealt with. He said that no foreign investor or partner would like to partner with Nigeria in her current condition.

Read more: It’s a shitstorm in Toulouse, France as angry farmers dump massive loads of manure in protest over agricultural policies

About The Author

Related Articles

NewsSecurity

Burkinabè Army Kills Terrorist Leader Khalidou in Targeted Strike

The Burkinabè army has eliminated terrorist leader Khalidou in a precision airstrike,...

Natasha Petition Recall
News

Recall Petition Against Senator Natasha Fails to Meet Constitutional Requirement – INEC

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has announced that the petition seeking...

USAID Missions
FinanceNewsWorld

Trump Imposes Tariffs on Nigeria, Other African Nations

The United States has imposed a 14 per cent tariff on Nigerian...

Niger
News

Niger Transitional Govt. Frees 49 Political and Military Figures, Ex-President Bazoum Remains in Detention

Niger’s Transitional Government announced on Tuesday that it had released 49 individuals,...