Home Politics Kenya: Ruto Retains Six Former Ministers In New Cabinet
PoliticsWorld

Kenya: Ruto Retains Six Former Ministers In New Cabinet

315
Kenya's Ruto Deploys Pro-Govt Account On X Using AI-generated Music To Influence #RutoMustGo Protesters

After sacking all (except one) members of the cabinet last week, Kenyan President William Ruto has appointed 11 members of his cabinet with six of the sacked ministers being recalled.

Ruto made the announcement on Friday, and said that other members of the cabinet will be announced later.

“I will be issuing next week a clear roadmap on the assignment that the new cabinet is going to have, with clear timelines and deliverables,” the president said.

During his address, he promised that the new government would be a broad-based unity government that would respond to the grievances of the young protesters.

Part of the ex-ministers Ruto reappointed were the former ministers of interior, defence, and environment and land. The president is yet to announce the new finance minister.

Former vice-president of Kenya, Kalonso Musyoka, called the change of cabinet “cosmetic”. He insisted that nothing will change as long as Ruto remains the president.

Since last month, Kenyans have been protesting against Ruto’s policies and administration. First, it was the proposed tax hike bill that the Kenyan citizens protested against. But as the protests turned bloody (with more than 50 deaths recorded so far), the citizens started clamouring for Ruto to resign despite him withdrawing the tax bill. Protests are still going on in the country.

Read: Bill to Establish Local Government Electoral Commission Passes First Reading in the Senate

Cape Verde: Praia Court Puts Lawyer In Preventive Detention For Shooting Businessman

Niger, Turkey Agree To Strengthen Cooperation in Energy and Defence

About The Author

Related Articles

NYSC Reforms
NewsPolitics

NYSC DG Calls For Reforms, Not Scrapping Of The Scheme 

The Director General of the National Youth Service Corps, Brigadier General Olakunle...

President Bola Tinubu is set to leave Abuja on Monday for a brief working visit to France, according to a statement issued by Ajuri Ngelale, the presidential spokesperson.
NewsPolitics

President Tinubu and VP Shettima Leave Official Duties, Depart for France and Senegal

President Bola Tinubu and Vice President Kashim Shettima have departed Nigeria on...

China imposed tariff on U.S. goods
FinanceNewsWorld

Trump Imposes Tariffs on Nigeria, Other African Nations

The United States has imposed a 14 per cent tariff on Nigerian...

NewsWorld

Nigerian U.S. Embassy and ICIR Cancel Training on “Foreign Influence” in Nigeria After WAW’s Report, Trump’s Foreign Policy Shift

A controversial U.S.-funded media training programme in Nigeria through the International Centre...